Wednesday, May 9, 2012

You're In My Way



“You’re in my way,” states Lt. Cmdr. Shelby in the lift with Commander Riker from the Star Trek Next Generation scene in Best Of Both Worlds, Part 1.  She was encouraging him to make way for her to take charge and Riker wasn’t pleased.  It was a great scene♫♪

Yes, I’m a Star Trek fan.  Grew up watching the original series.  This line stuck with me and turned into verses, with a tune and an attitude. Turned out to be more focused on road metaphors, but the idea sparked from Star Trek.


You’re In My Way

You’re in my way….
For every car on the road
I check that license plate code
To see if you’re at the wheel, because I feel…

Refrain:
You’re in my way.
Get out of my way.
You’re in my way.
You think you own this road
But it’s double-laned.
I won’t re-adjust my attitude
Your style has waned.
You’re in my way.

I chanced upon an old note.
It gave my heart quite a jolt.
It was unfair from the start that you’re so smart….Refrain

I always set my own pace
But my mind glimpses your face.
I struggle under your gaze, your steady gaze.
You’re in my way!
~
You’re in my way…
You have your motor warmed up
And have no fear getting stopped.
You will just work that old charm, that boyish charm.

You’re in my way.
Get out of my way.
You’re in my way.

We may be on the same course
But I will not let you force
Your way back into my life. I will survive.
You’re in my way
Get out of my way.
You’re in my way. (2x)
Get out of my way.

This is an entry for the letter Y...find more entries by clicking the link below♫♪
  • Alphabe-Thursday
  • All Rights Reserved.  Please ask permission for use of any part of this post, thanks.

4 comments:

  1. Great song, Star Trek was one of the myths of my childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just awesome! What a song has arisen from a Star Trek inspiration statement!
    I mostly watched the originals--when they were in re-run. Saw some of the newer episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again!

    Visiting from Mrs Matlock’s, many thanks for stopping by.

    Great song.

    Have a great Mother’s Day weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is my first song post! I hope that you have a wonderful weekend and thank you for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete