Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Apologee



I tried for a light instrumental to go with that heavy emotion of loving from afar….

APOLOGEE
1. I apologize
I misplaced myself.
I got lost in your eyes
Felt time and space melt.
Refrain:
I know you’re out of reach
And I am not your style.
It’s just your easy streak
And your ready smile
Has deluded me
To think that I’m your kind
2. An irrational choice
I misspoke my word
To hear your velvety voice
Just makes my tongue go all slurred.
 Refrain
3. The mistake is mine
For embracing you
Tangling you up like a vine,
 holding a tether to you.
Refrain
4. So I apologize.
I am still your friend.
So I’ll put on my new guise,
And see us thru to the end.
Refrain
It won’t happen again
I’ll keep it straight in my mind.
This is an entry for

2 comments:

  1. hello. :] i clicked on your song page site and had a listen. i like the mix of the more upbeat melody with the tone of the lyrics.

    thanks for visiting picky and leaving it some love. i'm curious: if you picked up a book that had an opening scene such as the one you read the other day, would be more or less likely to continue reading it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like Jenn, I listened! Great stuff you've got going here. I love the line "I misplaced myself." I'll be back for more!!!

    ReplyDelete