Monday, October 29, 2012

Prose...for Halloween

According to Dictionary.reference.com:  the ordinary form of spoken or written language
without metrical structure, as distinguished from poetry or verse.

Participating in Inspire Me Monday
as well as ABC Wednesday Letter P
Check out those Blogs♫♪

D'evilution

                                      A blob in need of ears…….grew some
                                        A head in need of eyes…..grew some
                                         A chin in need of teeth….grew some
                                        A neck in need of torso….grew some
                                     A chest in need of hair…… grew some
                                   A waist in need of guts……...grew some
                     A derriere in need of legs…….grew some
                   A pair of legs in need of feet…. grew some
                             A set of feet in need of toes……..grew some
                            A mind in need of thoughts,
                                                 Gruesome!


And now to segue into hedge-apples, the brainy looking product of the Osage Orange Tree...
for more about hedge-apples: http://hedgeapple.com/


This time of year you can find them along roadsides....get at least ten for your house!

This one is on the back of my commode, but I usually place them in bowls hidden in the corners of all my rooms...


See them hanging from the tree? 


They will repel spiders for about 4 months.  Mice aren't too keen on them either, so I  place one on each side of my garage door...The fresh green will turn brown and will become hard in the bowls.  
Toss them or compost them.




15 comments:

  1. Great post for P and Halloween. I didn't know that about repelling spiders. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. looked more like POETRY to me!
    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a strange looking orange, and a natural repellant, too.

    P is for...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never heard of them, but will check around. Great household tip!

    Leslie
    abcw team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun words and great photography ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Halloween and thanks for sharing the osage info!
    Grou-vee prose too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha Ha I love that you hide them in corners in your house. What a Hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I learned about hedge apples through blogging and then found my friend's husband had incorporated them into a painting. I found some real ones for the first time several weeks ago, but I didn;t bring any home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Natures repellent is so cool.
    Absolutely perfect for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think I have seen this before, very interesting.

    Pile of Leaves
    Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

    ReplyDelete
  11. How interesting!I have not seen this spider rellant fruit before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just saw a park full of hedgeapples yesterday. Think I need to go back today and retrieve them.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  13. Calling by from ABC Wednesday,how interesting that they repel spiders.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photos, delicious crossing branches.

    ReplyDelete